Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy weekend

I'm pretty happy because I just realized that this Friday we'll be leaving for the beach. I can't believe the week of July 4 is already upon us! I usually think of that as the beginning of the end of summer. We're going to spend that whole week plus the weekends on both sides of it at the beach. I can't wait, but I need to get a lot of stuff taken care of before we leave.

Yesterday Matt gave me a lesson in planting bushes. We planted six azaleas around some of the irrigation-system equipment. I know most people like azaleas but I'm not crazy about them, but for evergreens of that size in that location it seemed our choices were azaleas or hollies. At least azaleas bloom for a month or so. We also planted a hydrangea bush in the boring area beside the front door. I forget what kind it is exactly, but it's supposed to be fast-growing and it hasn't bloomed yet, so it sounds good.

I love how the chair turned out with the addition of stain but I accidentally left my camera at the office so I can't take a picture of it today. I think I'm going to post it on Craigslist and see what happens. I don't think I'll bother to put it on Etsy or eBay since shipping would be a pain and expensive unless the buyer were local.

No comments: