Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Out of the office

Today was the United Way's annual golf tournament. As much as I dislike golf I kind of enjoy this day every year. Usually my main responsibility is driving around in a golf cart, keeping the coolers full, taking players' pictures and generally making sure they're having a good time. It's a good day for networking and a great excuse to spend a day outside.

Mr. Hotness himself:



He, his dad, Stephen and Bill played on our company's team.


The day ended with an early dinner/silent auction/awards ceremony, and then Matt and I crashed. In the above picture we both had killer headaches. We got home at 4:30 p.m. and slept for three hours, which we're probably going to regret later tonight. I feel better but he doesn't.

I think I figured out how to fix what I didn't like about the chair I painted and decoupaged the other week: I stained the whole thing with Minwax Golden Oak (shout-out to Terry). I think this will mute all of the colors and make the painted/distressed parts less of a stark contrast to the seat, while still looking old and antiqued. It's too dark to take a picture now (it's on the porch) but tomorrow I'll post one.

1 comment:

Ally said...

You three do make very cute golfers in the matching blue shirts.