Monday, June 9, 2008

No. 99

After last night's post I ended up finishing the chair project despite the darkness, bugs and the fact that it was almost midnight. NBA finals are keeping us up late this week.

All in all, I like it but don't love it. I think there's too much going on in the seat and I should have stuck with more muted patterns and colors, maybe even just blacks and golds. Instead of redoing this one I am on the lookout for another junk chair (um, Dad ...?).

This is what it looked like at 8 p.m. yesterday.
I sanded it and painted it black ...

... then decoupaged the seat. Those curves were hard, so be impressed.

Then I distressed everywhere except for the seat pretty heavily. I'm out of distressing practice, but I think it improved the final look.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed!

Kaitlin said...

i love it!!

Unknown said...

You did a great job!!! You get your crafty side from your mother, right?

Amanda said...

I am way more than impressed! That looks incredible!

Katie said...

I think you need to come to GA and work on some of my furniture! I love it! Too cute!