Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Five more minutes

Blogging doesn't seem so impossible to squeeze in if I limit myself to five minutes per post. So maybe I'll try that for a while.

Kate is, as you know, abandoning me for grad school in Vermont. Her last day in North Carolina is Sunday (Lauren R. is also out of here -- moving to Omaha, Neb. -- right after her wedding this weekend. Double whammy). Awhile ago Kate bought a punch card to the fitness center so she could use the pool, but I guess the move date snuck up on her and she found herself with more remaining punches than days. Luckily, she's allowed to share. So this morning we went to a Yoga Tone class.

When we got there we were informed that the teacher was out so the class would be Muscle Conditioning instead. I figured it would be like Body Pump. It was, kind of, but I haven't done any weights at all for months. It was a humiliating, wretched hour, and the pain I'm now experiencing when I walk has nothing to do with my SI joint. Kate is a machine so it did make me feel a little better that she thought it was hard too.

Time's up. That went really fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recently I've started to use the word "wretched" more. I'm glad to see you used it to... but sorry that you had a reason to! :)

Kaitlin said...

The opening line made me laugh. Think of it this way, you have a place to visit!!

By the grace of God, I'm sure, I'm sore only if I were to move my arms in the same way as yesterday. But, yes, that hour was horrible!! I have never felt so incredibly out of shape. You can bet I'll be making use of the gym at UVM. =)

Thanks for coming with me.