I keep getting tagged on Facebook to do this but decided to post my list here instead. Let's see if I can manage not to repeat myself from my multitude of previous "let's talk about me" posts.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged.
1. I wish I'd taken some kind of home-ec class in high school.
2. I love talking about relationships and giving relationship advice (only if solicited) and really think Matt and I would make a good marriage-counseling team.
3. Remember this chair? I just sold it for $120 through my Etsy store. I can't believe it!
4. I hope I have at least two more careers in my lifetime: something in the medical field and something in undergraduate admissions.
5. Inexplicably, I have found a lucky penny (or other coin) almost every single day since I found out I was pregnant. Yesterday I found FIVE.
6. My favorite year of both high school and college was my sophomore year.
7. I am EXTREMELY grateful for the sacrifices, probably including many I don't even know about, that my parents made to allow me and Amanda to graduate from college debt-free.
8. Windows Vista confuses the crap out of me.
9. I can't tell the difference between regular and decaf coffee or tea, but I think I can in Coke, although I'll admit it might be psychological.
10. I am embarrassingly bad at knowing who celebrities are, what movies they've been in, etc. I'm also bad at recognizing casual acquaintances out of context, and these facts might be related.
11. I have terrible retention of movies except for the few I've seen over and over. If you ever say to me "You know that scene where blah blah blah" you will probably be met with a blank stare.
12. I never finish movies, TV shows or books that I don't like a lot unless I have a good reason (such as required reading).
13. Matt, Jacob and Carrie, Stephen and I still haven't given Ron his Christmas 2007 present. I'm looking at it right now but we keep forgetting to give it to him.
14. I have a reputation for being much more critical of spelling/grammar/punctuation/etc. mistakes than I am. I don't expect perfection from the average person, but it REALLY bothers me when I see mistakes in print or, worse, somewhere permanent (like on a monument or in a business name).
15. I am sure I could eat nothing but Subway and Chick-fil-A every day -- one for lunch, the other for dinner -- for weeks and weeks without getting tired of either one. That pretty much was my daily menu through much of college.
16. I grew up hating baked beans and chili and now they're two of my favorite foods.
17. In pondering baby names I've realized I often like or dislike names as much for the way they look on paper as for how they sound. I'm also very affected by how I feel about other people I know by particular names, e.g. if I knew three Heathers growing up and didn't like any of them, I'm not going to like the name Heather. That's just an example, so don't be offended if you're a Heather.
18. Apparently I am going to be on prescription toothpaste (I didn't even know there was such a thing) after I have this baby because of my weak enamel.
19. As soon as Matt and I got married we made it known to all family and friends that we didn't plan to have kids for at least five years, and that cut way down on the comments/questions/speculations. I highly recommend this to other newlyweds who don't want kids right away.
20. I never imagined any scenario in which Matt and I would be able to work together, but it is one of my favorite aspects of life.
21. Running a marathon and going on a cruise are two things I'm glad to have done but don't care if I never do again.
22. I think I would be happy living in almost any house and driving almost any car as long as they were clean.
23. I like my handwriting best with a fine-tip Sharpie marker.
24. I have never had a hairstyle I really liked. I hope every one of our babies inherits Matt's gorgeous hair.
25. Tomorrow Mom, Amanda and I are going to Greenville, S.C., for our second annual girls' trip. More low-key than last year due to babies Brianna and Kirby, but I know it will be a lot of fun. I borrowed Jacob and Carrie's GPS so we can find every thrift store in the vicinity. YAY!
I'm supposed to tag people ... if you're reading this and want to do it, go for it!