Sunday, August 12, 2007

Just married, baked beans, and Trivial Pursuit










Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Burns! Friday night was Melissa and Thomas' wedding, and it was beautiful though the hottest one I've ever been to, my own included. Afterward Matt and I stayed dressed up and went to The Barn with Carrie and Jacob.

Saturday morning I had to show houses but we spent the afternoon running errands together and then Amanda and Stephen came over for dinner. Matt grilled steaks -- one of our goals is to empty our garage freezer before the move -- and we also made his Gran's macaroni and cheese and his mom's baked beans.

I am so glad I finally have a baked-beans recipe that I love. That's always been one of those dishes (same with fried okra) that smell so good to me but I just don't like to eat. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
31-oz. can pork and beans , mostly drained
1/2 c. ketchup
1 T. mustard
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. chopped onion
6 strips bacon cut up

Instructions
Combine all ingredients except bacon. Place bacon on top. Bake an hour or so in a 350-degree oven. Serves about six.

We had a rematch of girls versus guys Trivial Pursuit, and yes, Amanda and I are still undefeated. She does the heavy lifting for us in the '90s version, which we played -- she with the Entertainment Weekly subscription, great memory for TV and movie characters, and link on her blog to The Superficial. Once again she nailed the game winner, about a Michael Jackson video.

Amanda, y'all forgot the bar stools!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yes, we realized we forgot the bar stools after we got home! We just laughed, of course, because this is obviously going to be a cycle. I'm proud of us for winning Trivial Pursuit again! And I'm copying that baked beans recipe - it was sooo good!