Wednesday, February 6, 2008

101-things news

A few 101-things updates -- none of them warrants a post of its own:

3. I sent out the first of my 2008 birthday cards (to Maegan).

14. I am planning to do Body Pump twice a week for February, March and April. Yesterday I went to the 5:45 a.m. class only because Meg and Lauren R. were going to be there and I was supposed to run with Kaitlin in the afternoon. I was surprised that getting out of the bed was the hardest part -- once I was up, it felt great to be awake and active. After it was over I still had almost an extra hour in which I would normally be asleep, so I ate a leisurely breakfast while finally finishing the Sunday paper.

29. We booked the New York trip for Amanda, Mom and me!

47. We've started planning Dad's retirement party. It will be held Friday, May 16, from 3:30 p.m. to about 5:30 p.m. in the school cafetorium. If you would like to attend but have not received an email, phone call or Facebook event invitation from Amanda or me, let me know and I'll get you in the loop. If you want to come, we want you to come, but we don't have contact information for everyone.

49. I watched all of the "Godfather" movies with Matt. I can't remember whether I already posted about that. I liked the first two, the third one not so much. I didn't like watching Michael become corrupted. I don't think his father would have approved.

72. I read one banned book, "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison.

73. I read one book that I own but hadn't read, "Love, Again" by Doris Lessing, and am working on another, "My Antonia" by Willa Cather.

88. I had brunch yesterday with Angela, who was a good friend in high school but we fell out of touch in college and after. She moved back to town pretty soon after I did but we didn't hook up until the 10-year reunion in September. She brought her daughter, Cecilia, with her yesterday -- SO cute! Angela has always been really fun and artsy and you laugh a lot when you're with her. Also, she keeps up with people really well, so she caught me up on a lot of gossip.

92. I did not drink soft drinks for the month of January.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew -- look at you go!! :)

Ally said...

Awesome! Good work. So you want to memorize the entire book of James? That's impressive.