Monday, October 22, 2007

I should have searched the library catalog

At Katie's slumber party I met one of her friends I didn't know previously and it turned out we both recently discovered Anne Lamott. In talking with her I learned that most of Lamott's books are nonfiction (the only ones I knew of or had read were fiction) -- whereas she hadn't realized Lamott wrote any fiction. It was pretty funny.

The best part of this story is that I had been frustrated with our library's selection of Lamott's books -- only three in the fiction section -- but I went back to the library this morning and found that it also had four of her nonfiction titles. I checked out all of them in preparation for our upcoming long weekend at the beach.

Three cheers for prolific authors and public libraries!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Three cheers for ALL libraries!!!

Unknown said...

Don't forget the librarians!!!