Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Soon and very soon

The countdown to the beach is on! In three days we'll be on our way to our third beach week of this year. (First Aruba, then the Outer Banks and now North Myrtle -- can you say downward spiral?) A dozen people in a two-bedroom, two-bathroom condo can only mean one thing: air mattress madness! Well, that and cold showers.

But seriously, I am SO excited about next week. The first few days will consist of the usual K. crew, then Bill will come on the 4th, and Lauren and Paul (and Baby London? I hope so!) are coming for the second weekend. That was a happy surprise because initially they thought they couldn't make it work around Paul's work schedule and a friend's visit.

Then I found out today that Lib and Jorge are also coming for the second weekend! In a past life Lib and I must have been sisters (she was the cooler one). I love her to death but we haven't gotten to hang out since March 2006. March 2006!

Except for about 30 minutes this January when she was having a party and we dropped in, on our way home from Aruba, actually. My sinuses had done some crazy thing on the airplane and everyone sounded like they were talking underwater. I spent the whole time explaining to people that I couldn't understand what they were saying, and apologizing that I appeared to be a freak.

You can tell I'm kind of hyper by all the exclamation marks in this post. I hate exclamation marks. You're probably thinking I'm on another caffeine high, but I've drunk water all day (except for an 8-ounce pick-me-up at 5 p.m.). Tonight I am determined to sleep.

3 comments:

Libba Lemon said...

I appreciate the shout out...but you are wildly mistaken! YOU were the cooler one!

I can't wait to see you! (I, on the other hand LOVE exclamation marks!!! I'm a cheezy fool!)

Anonymous said...

Whatever...let's call it a tie. Miss Thing.

Baby London will be in attendance at the beach.

XOXO!

Libba Lemon said...

hey, remind me where you guys stayed when you went to the outer banks? what was the most fun stuff you did? a friend from IN is planning a trip & i was hoping to give her some suggestions.