Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Midnight musings

I'm at that stage in my Coke-dependency cycle where I need at least a Coke a day to fend off caffeine headaches but I don't yet have enough caffeine tolerance to drink Coke at dinner and fall asleep easily. Especially when we eat dinner at 9:30 p.m.

At various times in the past week I've wanted to blog about phantom cell phone rings, what I loved and hated about high school, a dream that I was interviewing for an editor's position, praying in public, names/nicknames, the fact that I am drowning in Bed Bath & Beyond 20 percent off coupons, the Thousand Island and mashed potatoes situation, and about a dozen other random thoughts/incidents that escape me right now. I even started a list of post ideas, but I lost it. So this is what you're stuck with tonight.

On Saturday Matt and I went to Greensboro and Taylorsville to test drive a couple of cars for him. I won't say much because I don't want to jinx it, but we might have found a winner. Details to follow.

On the way home we detoured through High Point and stopped at a couple of furniture stores just to browse and get ideas. We're not going to buy much new furniture for the new house but we'd like to get a bed for our room and probably a small table for the breakfast nook. Our couch and loveseat are filthy -- for a pet- and child-free home they sure have seen their share of dogs and babies -- but I think we'll just slipcover them. It seems stupid to buy nice new couches just as we transition into kid mode. And they are really comfortable.

For anyone who remembers reading about my THNGVBD, you will share my happiness that the house that could have resulted in a lawsuit is instead closing tomorrow. Actually, everything was signed today -- only the deed remains to be recorded. Thank you, God! I have NEVER been so glad to see a deal done.

No comments: