Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Clairisms, part 3

Things are gradually slowing down and one day soon I might again gather thoughts of my own to occupy this space, but today, Claire gets the floor again.

"Dear God, please help Evan sleep till he wakes up."

"I'm going to obey right away soon."

"Dear God, thank you for curtain rods and the bright moon."

"Is the sky moving, Mom?" (while cloud-watching)

"I flushed very quietly."

"You look like a child, Evan!"

Conversation at the gym:
Claire -- What is that?
Me -- Trash. Somebody threw it on the ground.
Claire -- Why?
Me -- I guess they didn't see a trash can. That was lazy.
Claire -- It was lazy?
Me -- Yes.
Claire -- Oh. I know that girl.

4 comments:

Brooke and Johnathan said...

Hahaha! Love it!

Ken Loyd said...

Love every last word. And Claire always HAS the last word. : )

Anonymous said...

Ha! That last one is especially great. :)

Sallie said...

Thanks for the belly laughs tonight....what a cute girl :)