Monday, December 5, 2011

Junk drawer

Correction: It turns out I had, after all, already started this blog when the first Reindeer Fun Run was held. I even wrote about it. I always think I've been blogging for "a few" years, but I guess it's more like half a decade. Crazy.

I have been meaning to post Claire and Evan's school pictures forever. I didn't buy them, but we were allowed to keep the proofs. They're quite accurate representations of how each kid reacts when asked to smile on demand. Someday I will have to scan and post Claire's MMO Christmas ornament from last year. She's dressed up as an angel, screaming her head off. So to get even this close to a smile was a pretty impressive feat for this year's photographer.

Tomorrow is Matt's birthday. We're going on a dinner date/Christmas-shopping date to celebrate, so I'm baking a cake right now so we can eat it for breakfast in the morning. This was my idea, but Matt didn't argue. Cake is good. And it's his birthday!

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

yum, cake for breakfast. Happy birthday Matt!

we have been blogging for a while, huh? For the record - in case I never told you - you are the reason I started a blog. Thank you for the inspiration/addiction. =)

Amanda said...

What's really interesting is the change in the race since 2007 - from 400 people to over 2000?? And I thought it was very well-organized, although I'm sure it's not the same people doing it, it was a different location, etc. That's so cool - maybe in four years I'll be doing 10Ks like you!