Thanks to the spontaneous generosity of Mom and Dad, who kept Claire and Evan last night and today, and Kara, who let us stay in her awesome apartment last night, Matt and I enjoyed something of an overnight excursion in lieu of what would have been just a long day of driving and meetings.
- The free dresser, vanity and matching stool we claimed from a front yard somewhere close to Albemarle
- Kara's illustrated guide to getting into her apartment
- Discovering McDonald's mochas
- Waking up at 6:30 a.m. unassisted by kids or an alarm clock
- An icebreaker involving an incomplete puzzle
- Accidentally following Matt into the men's rest room at McDonald's