Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chips and steps

Another night, another batch of homemade potato chips. They are just fantastic. The simple recipe:

Ingredients
Russet potatoes (3 large ones yield more than enough for Matt and me)
Cooking oil (we used vegetable oil last night, canola oil tonight; prefer canola)
Salt and pepper

DirectionsHeat canola oil to 350 degrees in electric skillet. Wash and scrub potatoes. Do not peel. Slice (we like a variety of thicker and thinner chips). Lightly salt and pepper. Fry in skillet for about 5 minutes, flipping once. Spread on paper towels. Lightly salt and pepper again. Devour.

I'm going to keep eating these, but I'll stop talking about them now.

A round of applause for Evan, who started walking this week. He still prefers crawling, but his balance, speed and confidence are improving every day. Bring it on! More independence for the kids = more independence for me! I do not, not, not want to wish these days away, but it's hard not to look forward to each milestone when I know it keeps getting more and more fun.

No comments: