Sunday, June 26, 2011

What's going on

1. Our house is officially sold and after a whirlwind week we're in our new (temporary) house! Not all unpacked, not nearly organized, but moved in.


2. Kate and Vinny are married! Matt and I have been in lovely Brattleboro, Vt., since Friday and the restful weekend could not have come at a better time. Random New England towns never seem to disappoint us. Congratulations to the Healys!

3. Amanda and I had our third and final yard sale at our old house a couple of weeks ago. It was the most successful one yet. Our next-door neighbors were having a moving sale the same day that didn't start until 11 a.m., so we got a fresh burst of buyers just as they usually start to dwindle. Matt and I got rid of some big stuff that we really didn't want to move, like a broken grill, a barely functional TV, some old electronic equipment and a couple of big dying potted plants.

4. Joining the gym is the smartest thing I've done lately. For $9 extra per month I get unlimited childcare for both kids, and since we usually go for an hour five days a week, that's a ridiculously good deal. I'm all the more grateful for the time to myself since Mom's Morning Out is over. Two weeks ago, when I had a sinus infection that really beat me up, for a few days I was too sick to work out but I went to the gym anyway and read while dangling my feet in the pool. Good call.

Things aren't going to slow down quite yet -- Claire's second birthday party (WHAT?!) is on Friday, then on Saturday we're leaving for a week at the beach -- but for a few more hours we're still on vacation, Boston airport-style. I'm going to go read.

1 comment:

Ally said...

Glad things are going so well! Sounds like an awesome gym childcare arrangement.