Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Reset button

This morning I hung out with six other girls from church with babies younger than 1 and it was so great. I cannot explain how refreshing it was to be in the company of smart, funny women, none of whom I'd spent much time with before today. Of course, there was some baby talk -- mention Dr. Sears vs. Babywise and everyone has an opinion -- but there was a lot more to the conversation than sleep schedules and feeding strategies. We drank coffee and talked for three hours, so I don't think I was the only one who really needed that.

Speaking of smart, funny women, Maegan and her sweet girls, Emma and Grace, are coming for a visit tomorrow! Maegan, if I haven't mentioned this before, was my first friend at Carolina. We lived on different floors of the same dorm and bonded immediately upon the realization that our respective boyfriends lived in the same dorm at State. Maegan had a car and saved me from many a TTA trip, but that's the least of it. I have a million great memories with Mrs. Mae.

She and Lee remain way high up on our list of favorite couple friends, and every few years we try to persuade them to move to Pinehurst, but so far they're holding out on us. At least I get a visit tomorrow. :)

No comments: