Sunday, November 15, 2009

Halfway point

For a while now I've been meaning to look into getting Claire a passport. Matt's dad spends about half his time in the Caribbean, and we want to be ready to leave at a moment's notice should he decide he can't go another day without seeing the grandbabies, who thankfully can't get there without their parents.

I'm hoping the AAA place will help me even though I'm not a member anymore. I even stopped by there one afternoon last week, armed with Claire, her birth certificate and her Social Security card, but it was one of the really tropical stormy days and as soon as I got out of the car I decided it could wait another few days.

We had another unscheduled house showing today. Actually, we had a tiny bit of notice -- the agent called Matt while we were in the car between church and lunch with friends. We took a 10-minute detour to run home and do a double-team version of the frantic straightening I did on Wednesday -- made our bed, hid piles of coupons in my bedside table, opened the blinds and, yes, made sure the toilets were flushed. I am not going to complain. I'm glad we're getting showings.

The games aren't over yet, but there's a chance I'm going to beat Matt in fantasy football this week. He's No. 1, and I'm dead last, so that would be especially sweet! Claire is wearing her "I cheer for The Arsenal [Matt] (unless they're playing The Adrenaline [me])" onesie under her pajamas tonight. Wahaha ...

No comments: