I have to stop apologizing for bad blogging habits or it's going to feel too much like an obligation and I'll drop it altogether. We've been busy, blah blah blah. Recent items of interest include:
- The driver's side back door handle on my car that hasn't worked for a long time? I guess you could say that's fixed. The new handle works, but it doesn't match the rest of the car -- which they definitely did not mention until it was done. I love Eastwood, and I hate to be a snob about all parts of my car matching, but ...
- I finally conceded to the heat (100 degrees) and ran on the treadmill last week for the first time since the dead of winter. It was really nice, I'll admit. Way less jarring to the pelvis, plus I got to sing as loud as I wanted. Technically you can do that anywhere, but in public people look at you like you're weird.
- We finished our nursery (probably), and I don't think I'm having a baby anytime soon.
- Strawberry season is pretty much over and I have moved on to peaches, blueberries and blackberries. YUM. No one around here should ever pay for blackberries. Ask me and I'll tell you where to pick them.
- This is how unsociable we really are, with neighbors, anyway: We just met the people who live two doors down (Matt actually met them awhile ago, but I met them just this week -- we ran into the wife at Michael's and, later the same day, the husband at Little Caesar's) and it turns out their baby girl No. 4 (!!) is due on July 2. How did I not know that?!