Thursday, December 4, 2008

July 8, 2009

I don't know what you're going to be doing on 07-08-09, but I'm going to be having a baby!

In reality, only about 5 percent of babies are born on their due date -- but my point is, I'm pregnant!

We're really excited about this development. The best part is that our baby will be in the same grade as Amanda's baby Brianna (ETA April 20), Carrie's baby Riley and Melissa's yet-to-be-named new baby boy (ETA April 13), all of whom live here in town. Lib, Maegan and Sallie are also expecting babies that will be in the same grade -- I love it! London and Dylan will be just enough older -- a year or two -- to teach all of our kids everything we don't want them to know.

I love knowing that this happened exactly when it was supposed to happen. As counterintuitive as it may sound, there's real freedom in not being able to micromanage every area of your life.

I also love knowing no one will ever bug us again about when we're going to procreate! Seriously. Many, many thanks to our families for not being those people.

Please pray with us for a healthy baby!

And don't worry, this is not going to become a blog focused on pregnancy and babies. Those usually bore me to tears. However, and I admit this may seem contradictory, I have started a separate baby blog. Let me know if you want the address.

P.S. With this announcement I'm checking off No. 27, "Have a baby in my belly."

23 comments:

Ally said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! This is very exciting! And nice work with your to do list....

Unknown said...

I am very EXCITED!!! I can't wait to be an aunt!!! Please send me the address for the new blog. I have a box of baby stuff for you. I will bring it Christmas if you don't get it before. CONGRATULATIONS!

Renee said...

Amanda told me this morning and I quickly called Tim to let him know. We are both sooooo excited for you. I would like the address for the baby blog.

Congrats to great parents-to-be!!!

Love ya lots!

Renee

Libba Lemon said...

I didn't realize this week was an olive. Nice! We are filled with excitement for you guys!

SAD that the blog is not going the way of pregnancy and babies, your take on the whole process will be SO fun to read! (I need the new address.)

Love you!

Kaitlin said...

again, hooray! and congratulations!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad to not have to keep my mouth shut any longer!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! And duh, I want the baby blog address!

Katie said...

A big congrats!! What a wonderful Christmas present! It's super exciting that you get to share all of it with your lovely sister too!

Ken Loyd said...

As you were posting this, I was at Farm Life School spreading the good news faster than Paul Revere1! I told teachers and 2nd graders over lunch, announced to a fifth grade class taking bathroom breaks, and even called the 4th grade on a field trip to the Biltmore House so they wouldn't be left out! Oh happy day! I love you!

Ken Loyd said...

This is from your MOTHER. Imagine! Twice blessed in one year. I am so proud and happy for you both. Can't wait for the grandbabies. Love you, Mom

Ken Loyd said...

By both, in this instance, I'm referring to you and Matt, although the same applies to Amanda and Stephen. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Mark and I are so happy for you and Matt!! Congratulations!! Send me the baby blog address! I can't wait to read about everything!!

Anonymous said...

I'm joining the many of your loved ones in that I definitely want the baby blog address! Do you think anyone isn't interested in your pregnancy/baby stuff? As you've patiently listened to me over and over again, I love to talk about babies! I am so very excited for you and Matt, you are going to be such wonderful parents.

Shannon Paris, Marketing Director/Realtor said...

Wow! Congrats! 07-08-09 would be a cool birthday to have!

Shannon Paris, Marketing Director/Realtor said...

PS - I would like to have the baby blog address too!

Anonymous said...

Is this National Pregnancy Announcement Day? I've heard THREE today! :) Congratulations!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Can't wait to have two babies around next year.

Amanda said...

Jessie said she was so excited she forgot she was a car rider!!

Amanda said...

Oh, and Emma and Jessie have already started a pool at work for your baby!! I'll let you know the results when everyone gets done with their guesses :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!(and yes those are spoken in my squeaky high pitch voice)
After planning through the next year I have come to one conclusion for the 4th. Lauren & I will just have to do the "Fourth Floor Chug" at Moore Regional

Kaitlin said...

so you know, this could count for the blog post that draws 20 comments. =) no begging from you at all. just a baby announcement!! I think you can count it.

hope to see you soon! will you be at the parade on saturday?

Anonymous said...

well i guess now this blog comment from me can now be counted as the blog that got 21 comments!! i am very excited for you and Matt!! Congrats, and I also would like the baby blog address!!! :)

love you
scarlet

Anonymous said...

YIPPPEEE!!! I'm so pumped for ya'll:) I don't think my excitement was where it should have been at group on Wednesday, but holy cow... i'm just elated now!!!

I want the new address, duh...

Love you sooo much!

Lauren Greaves said...

4th floor chug @ moore regional sounds perfect!