Wednesday, April 9, 2008

We made it

Hi from New York! We've had a great day. We got to our hotel around 3 p.m. and spent a few hours wandering around. We had only one close call, when Mom almost walked into the path of a speeding ambulance. In her defense, it wasn't using its turn signal. We're staying in the theater district, so Times Square, Central Park, the Empire State Building, Fifth Avenue, etc., are all in easy walking distance. After dinner we chilled in our room for a little while and then went back out to see Times Square at night.

I think our plan for tomorrow is to head to lower Manhattan to see the Statue of Liberty, Chinatown, Little Italy, SoHo, etc. It also might be our only chance to ride the subway. Tomorrow night we have tickets to see "Rent" and I think our tentative plan is to go to the Empire State Building afterward. Friday or Saturday we're probably going to go to at least one art museum, although none of them have any especially exciting exhibits right now. Amanda might talk us into going to a wax museum, too. And we've already mapped out at least three thrift stores within walking distance of our hotel.

I am in the unfamiliar position of being the person with the best sense of direction on this trip. I'm the one pulling out the map and figuring out where we need to go and then how to get back. I am never that person, but so far, so good.

Just a few pictures, of course.

At the airport:


On the plane:

In our hotel:

2 comments:

Libba Lemon said...

I cheated, just for this!!! LOVE the pics and I'm so glad you guys are having a great time! Wish Miff & I were there to crash your party :) Please sing every song at the top of your lungs at Rent, just for me!

LOVE YOU 3!

Jennifer Kirby said...

Oh my gosh! I am so honored that you cheated just for me!

I did NOT sing at the top of my lungs, only because I remembered your story about the woman you sat beside who did.