Monday, April 14, 2008

For sale

"A woman's mind is as complex as the contents of her handbag. Even when you get to the bottom of it, there is always something at the bottom to surprise you." - Billy Connelly







I am having buyer's remorse about this Coach purse that I bought in New York. When I got home I realized it was basically the same size as the one I already have (I thought it was shorter and wider), and I'm going to sell it. I'm giving you guys first right of refusal, and if no one wants it, I'll sell it on eBay.

I think it's a fake, but a very good fake. (The interior lining has the interlocking-Cs Coach logo, which I think I read an authentic Coach bag never has.)

Details: There is a small exterior pocket on both sides of the bag that's big enough for a cell phone, keys, etc. There's also a pocket on the front of the bag between the straps, but I think it's mainly for looks. The inside has a zippered pouch on one side and two open pouches on the other side -- one's perfect for a cell phone, the other would be good for lipstick, gum, etc.

The leather label on the front of the bag reads "Coach Leatherware Est. 1941." On the inside is sewn a leather tag that the real bags all have that reads "This is a Coach bag. It was handcrafted in China from the finest materials ..." etc. and it has a serial number, which if this is a fake is meaningless, but if it were real would allow you to register it. The lining, as I mentioned, is covered with the interlocking-Cs Coach logo. There is an attached gold-toned metal Coach tag.

The bag is about 15 inches wide and 9 inches tall -- perfect to carry every day.

I know these pictures are dark, and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

I'm asking $40, which is what I paid. It comes with the white protector bag with "Coach" on it.

No comments: