Saturday, March 29, 2008

St. Simon's after all

I can't believe I blew March NaBloPoMo so close to the end of the month! Oh well. Yesterday at lunchtime Grandma still was alert and seemed pretty stable and was breathing on her own, so Matt and I decided to go to the wedding after all. By a miracle that would have made me very upset if we hadn't come to St. Simon's (because we would have been charged for the night), the hotel cancellation I had called in the day before hadn't gone through so our room was still available.

We checked in, drove around the island a little and had a late dinner at a pub close to the water. Then we met up with Mark and Jordan, Jacob and Carrie and a few other people who were in town for the wedding at another bar down the street. We were really tired and once we got back to the hotel we slept from about 1 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. I definitely needed it.

We are about to go grab lunch and meander around the island awhile -- we still have to buy Mark and Jordan's present! I keep forgetting -- before coming back to get ready for the wedding.

P.S. My tricycle ride through downtown made the front page of our newspaper. Check it out!

No comments: