Thursday, January 3, 2008

Greetings from Boone

I forgot how cold 20 degrees is. Luckily, I didn't bring a single cute item of clothing, instead packing my bag full of enough thermals and long-sleeved shirts to wear four layers every day (that was Amanda's advice). I also have lots of wool socks, gloves, ear warmers and a scarf, but it's still amazingly cold outside.

Amanda and I got here around 4 after a Goodwill stop in Mocksville. We went by Cook-Out for a hot dog (me) and chicken nuggets (her) and then walked around the mall for a little while, then we drove around town so she could see everything that's different since she graduated. We're back at the hotel now waiting for Keely to arrive so we can eat. The others are coming tomorrow.

I like this hotel. It's right on King Street and its lobby has a great warm fireplace, comfortable chairs and couches, wireless Internet, a small library of books and free coffee. That's where we are waiting for Keely. It's cozier than our room.

One of the things on my list is to visit a place with a whole lot of snow on the ground, and I was hoping Boone would be that place, but I don't think I can count it in good conscience. Apparently they got six inches two days ago but a lot of it's melted. The roads are clear but the parking lots are a little icy.

Well, I suppose I'll do a little editing while we wait.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Amanda is beautiful, and smart! I wanted to let you know that when you go traveling, and space is tight for stuff, you need a pair of EarMitts bandless ear muffs. They're reaaly awesome and I promise they'll keep your ears warm down to zero degree! Please check out my website. Oh, my name is Matthew and I am a teen entrepreneur. MittsForYourEars.com