Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Just kidding

The cable guy came as scheduled today, but apparently the cable company did not do all the preliminary work it was supposed to do, and now we have to wait for a cable to be buried underground. So still no Internet and no TV at home. Maybe we'll have it by Monday.

It's really too bad we didn't know how long this was going to go on, because it's probably our best opportunity ever to complete my No. 60 (persuade Matt to join me in not watching TV for a week).

However, I am checking off No. 18 because Matt and I attended the "midnight" mass (it started at 10 p.m.) at the local Catholic church on Christmas Eve. (Although I still want to go to a regular Sunday service with Kaitlin.) The music, lighting, rituals and sense of reverence came together for an absolutely gorgeous service. It was a nice change from praise bands, meet-and-greets and name tags.

Also recently completed:

21. Make more money in one month from journalism than from real estate. (Unfortunately, this is more a reflection on the very slow real-estate month of December than of riches being made in journalism.)

44. Start praying out loud in the shower.

46. Start keeping a list of every book I read. (Right now I'm just using a Word document, but if anyone has a better method, I'd love to hear it.)

48. Start keeping decaf coffee, tea and Coke at home.

2 comments:

Libba Lemon said...

Hey! I love the list updates - so fun. I can't wait for your cable to be hooked up because I'm dying to see pictures of the furnished house!

How was Christmas?

When should I come over? Let's discuss!

Libba Lemon said...

I MISS YOU!