Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Maybe you had to be there

The funniest thing just happened, and it's perfect timing because I was about to sit down to blog anyway.

Matt yelled, "Jenn! Jenn!" from the treadmill room so I ran back there to see what was up. As you probably know if you're a regular reader, Matt uses his treadmill time to watch TV shows I don't like. So he had turned on the TV and News 14 was on.

"The Durham City Council ... blah blah blah ... and so and so says ..." Suddenly the anchor's microphone made a loud noise, and he giggled and looked over at someone off-camera.

"Well, it's all the wires I'm wearing, all these f***ing wires ..." The show cut over to another segment.

We watched it three times and laughed like hyenas.

It reminds me of one time when Holly and I were watching the local news and the anchor was saying his blurb about "coming up on the six-o'clock news ..." except what came out was clearly SEX-o'clock. His expression was priceless.

Anyway, I guess the point of this post is sometimes I have the maturity of a 10-year-old. (Another point could be that local news is terrible.)

P.S. Thank you for a fantastic long run today, Katie! It was the first time we got to run since her wedding and the weather couldn't have been better.

No comments: