Sunday, December 16, 2007

Drowning in currugated cardboard

After much procrastination we finally got into packing mode last night and made a lot of progress, meaning our house is in complete disarray. Cabinet doors are ajar. The recycling bin is in Matt's shower. The garage is full of items to be donated or consigned. Boxes, piles of stuff and trash bags are everywhere.



Proudest achievement of the month: We emptied and are defrosting our freezer! (We didn't finish eating every single thing that was in it, but what was left fit easily into our inside freezer.)

I thought I was going to go crazy with the house being torn apart, but instead I'm feeling very serene. I think it's because I feel no pressure to clean. When someone comes over and finds a less-than-sparkling bathroom, I won't apologize, feel guilty or wonder whether they think I'm a slob. I have a great excuse for the mess. I could get used to this!

1 comment:

Libba Lemon said...

It's looking great! I'm really impressed! As for the no pressure thing, it goes for the new house, too...you can use "we just moved in" as an excuse for at least a few months (or in our case, over a year!)...