Wednesday, October 3, 2007

One way to carve a pumpkin

When I was a little girl we always used a carving knife to create our jack-o-lanterns. Actually, I think how it worked is Amanda and I would draw the shapes we wanted on the outside of the pumpkins, and Dad would cut them out for us. Then Mom made pumpkin pie out of the innards and that was that.

It may be a little different for my (hypothetical, future) children. Because their father will own a Dremel. And today when we drove past a pumpkin patch he mused that it would be well-suited for carving pumpkins.

Is anything impossible with a Dremel? Perhaps not. Here is an amusing picture of Matt using his to shave down a pillow he thought was too thick. (That's pillow foam on the floor around him.)

My favorite part is the goggles. Safety first.

No comments: