Friday, September 14, 2007

Bandwagon

Well, Matt finally sat down and read the blog tonight. And read and read and read. I think he might have read the entire thing. Every time I glanced over at his computer screen and saw a sea of green I smiled.

I realized that he was reading it when I heard him laughing out loud from another room. I asked him what was so funny and he said "Arizona Suns?" Apparently there's a Phoenix Suns and an Arizona Wildcats, but in one of my posts about Phoenix I combined the two. Whatever. That's why I put (?) after "Arizona Suns" in the original post.

He actually laughed a lot as he read and every time he did I said "What?" because I wanted to know which post prompted it. (The only thing better than getting post comments, I now know, is watching someone read and react to your blog.)

Eventually he told me that if I kept asking him what he was laughing at he was going to have to stop laughing so he wouldn't have to keep answering. So I let up.

He had one excellent suggestion, which was that I should create a quote archive of all the "Well Saids," which I change weekly. I'm going to see what I can do about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was delighted to see a "Well said" that I recognized (since I read "The Hobbit" annually to my classes). This quote was from Thorin Oakenshield just before he expired. But his VERY last words were "But sad or merry, I must leave it now."
Love your blog,
Dad