1. I left work early today.
2. I am eating from a big pile of oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies.
3. I am notoriously bad at baking cookies.
4. I usually blame it on the cookie pans.
5. I want to learn to like football this year.
6. My cell phone has terrible reception at our house.
7. My soul cringes when I hear my cell phone ring.
8. The dentist just called to reschedule Matt's appointment that he skipped a few weeks ago.
9. He is playing golf with the guys in honor of Bill's birthday.
10. I can see three half-full glasses of water from where I'm sitting.
11. I need to start drinking more water.
12. Water is not as good as Coke.
13. I forgot to set out the recycling today.
14. My 10-year high school reunion was last weekend.
15. Before Matt and I left the house we made a pact to be in and out if it was really cheesy, but we ended up having a great time.
16. I wish reunions could cover several classes at once since everyone has friends from different grades.
17. At the reunion a bunch of people told me they read this blog.
18. Hi, closet readers!
19. I am happy and surprised that people read this thing.
20. I think Matt has read it only once.
21. He's probably afraid of what it says.
22. This morning he got picked on for the "let's huddle" comment.
23. I copied this list idea from another blog I found by searching through Blogger profiles for other people who like Anne Tyler.
24. Anne Tyler is probably my favorite overall author, but she has a lot of competition.
25. I don't want to write books, but I wish I could get paid to blog.
26. I hate the fake Saran Wrap that doesn't stay put.
27. I need to stop eating cookies so I don't hijack my run later today.
28. I am perpetually torn between loving the freeness of library books and wanting to own all the books I love.
29. Last night we ate dinner with my grandparents.
30. I have started eating my steak cooked medium, and everyone is proud.
31. I used to eat it well-done.
32. I still don't like the way it looks at medium, but it does taste better and juicier.
33. I think it is stupid that most lenders charge buyers if they don't escrow their taxes and insurance.
34. I played with some buyers' two little girls for a long time yesterday.
35. They told me they liked my glittery shirt, and the 3-year-old tried to eat a berry from a tree.
36. Berry juice was all over her hands so we went inside to wash them but the water had been turned off, which sellers are not supposed to do before closing.
37. My favorite non-real job was nannying for three girls in Wilmington when we lived there.
38. I love Wilmington, but it has a traffic problem.
39. We are going to the beach next weekend with Matt's family.
40. Matt's mom is going to cook a ham and a turkey for us to use in sandwiches.
41. I don't understand why I get so much junk email.
42. Today we were eating lunch outside when a huge chicken truck drove by.
43. The smell made me want to gag and I could not continue eating until it passed.
44. When I take my first run in a new pair of shoes I always write the date on them.
45. My computer has been slow all day.
46. I like to read other people's blogs, so if you have a blog and I don't know about it, you should tell me.
47. The name of my blog reminds me of Erma Bombeck -- "The grass is always greener over the septic tank."
48. But that is not why I named it "Green Grass."
49. I might write a post about that later.
50. I have been so lazy about waking up early this week.
51. Matt and I are bad influences on each other in the morning -- we both like to stay in bed.
52. I cannot believe I'm only halfway done with this list!
53. Granny gave me a pedicure for my birthday even though she didn't know about my foot project.
54. I love family names in theory but I don't think my family has many good names.
55. When I was about 5 I used to tell people my middle name was Leigh.
56. Really it is Dare.
57. I wish I could have kept my middle name and my maiden name when I got married.
58. One of my friends kept them both, hyphenated: Firstname Middle-Maiden Lastname.
59. I just like for things to be simple, though.
60. Plus, I was tired of having to spell out my maiden name.
61. Little did I know some people would misspell my married name.
62. We are joining a small group at church this year.
63. I am not sure what I'm going to think about it.
64. Lib's best friend from high school lives here now and will lead it with her husband.
65. I hope Matt and I get to adopt at least one child.
66. For some reason I cannot make this Yahoo toolbar stay away no matter what I do.
67. Yesterday I was positive that "nickel" (the coin, not the material) was spelled "nickle," but I was wrong.
68. I did not believe I was wrong until I emailed the editor of APStylebook.com and he told me it was "el" in both cases.
69. I conceded. (But Dictionary.com did agree with me.)
70. Sometimes I cannot believe how stupidly stubborn I am.
71. I am prone to losing my train of thought.
72. I just got distracted by a MySpace message, and that's 10 minutes of my life I can never have back.
73. I love to drink champagne and get the giggles.
74. I wish I knew how to make yeast rolls.
75. All of my grandparents are still alive.
76. I have never smoked a cigarette, not even a puff.
77. I used to really like the way cigarettes smelled, but lately they give me a headache.
78. When I was in seventh grade an eighth-grade boy wrote in my yearbook "Your [sic] all right but not totally cool" and it scarred me.
79. He dropped out in 10th grade.
80. Dropping out of school is not cool.
81. I always cry the morning of the first day of a new job (not that I've had too many of them).
82. I cannot shake this overly cautious side of myself -- the part that makes me do things like lock my car doors if I go into the gas station for a Coke while the gas is pumping.
83. I wish I had a thin wedding band tatooed onto my ring finger so I could wear no jewelry once in a while.
84. I love running except that sometimes I hate it.
85. My only major regret about college is that I didn't study abroad.
86. I have not given up on my goal of becoming fluent in Spanish.
87. When I first moved back to this town everyone was always surprised to hear that I was from here because, they said, I didn't have an accent.
88. Now people tell me that my accent is cute.
89. I really wish we had a university in this town.
90. I want to take an art history class, but the community college doesn't offer much.
91. Sometimes I think about going to grad school but I think it would be a complete waste of money for me.
92. Yesterday I was at a meeting and a guy stood up to talk and all I could think about was Dwight from "The Office."
93. For someone who doesn't like television, you would be shocked how quickly I can get sucked into something really trashy on E! or VH1 if someone's channel surfing.
94. I used to know nothing about geography, then I learned A LOT about geography, and now I've forgotten it all.
95. Knowing a lot about geography made me feel smarter.
96. Sometimes I think I should have taken high school more seriously.
97. Other times I wish I had been more laidback.
98. I'm really thankful my parents sacrificed so much so I would graduate from college debt-free.
99. I feel pressure to have a "ta da!" #100.
100. I have never been good at conclusions, which is one reason I prefer straight news reporting to creative writing.
Update 9/24/07 - If you liked this list, you'll love Amanda's, Lib's and Kaitlin's!