Saturday, June 16, 2007

La-di-dah

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time." - John Lubbock

Once in a while Matt and I stock up on snack food and library books and pretend to be out of town. We don't do work, think about work or even work out. We don't get dressed up or leave the house. We screen our calls and order pizza and drink milkshakes. We stay up late, sleep in and then take afternoon naps.

I can understand if you think this sounds unbearably boring.

But we're in the middle of such a weekend right now, and it feels fantastic. I am so relaxed. I did venture out this morning to go to a baby shower for Grace with Mom and Amanda. And tomorrow we'll be busy celebrating our dads (lunch with mine, golf with his). But we're still managing to squeeze in some long chunks of de-stressification.

Times like this are one of the things I expect to REALLY miss when we have children. I hope our future babies' grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles are as eager to babysit as we think they will be ...

No comments: