Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Stream of consciousness

So this morning a small rotting shark washed up on the beach. Unfortunately I had just defected to the pool (the beach was too cold in the wind) but almost everyone else saw it. For whatever reason Rob ran up and grabbed it with both hands. Luckily it was very dead. Apparently it was an experience that would vindicate people who don't like swimming in the ocean.

Also today one of the bocce balls somehow got lost. It might be buried in the sand somewhere, or maybe it was swept away by a wave, or maybe one of the kids next door somehow ran off with it unnoticed, but we've searched high and low and it's gone. One missing ball renders the entire set pretty useless. Short life for a great Christmas gift.

We still don't know where we might go for our anniversary. Every day here is so perfect that now I'm kind of leaning toward just staying here until Saturday. I don't really care about celebrating on the actual day. Matt is fine either way too.

Which reminds me, we might be sleeping in a room of our own tonight! Abby and Matt had to leave today to go back to work so there's a room up for grabs. Anna and Tommy and Matt and I are going to flip a coin later to see who gets it for the rest of the week. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Have I mentioned the great book collection this house has? As you know, I brought a lot of books with me but I've skipped most of them for ones I've found here. Besides many good authors and best-sellers there are a bunch of books that bring you back ... "Blubber," "The Long Secret," "Deenie," "Ramona Forever," "The Outsiders," "The Sign of the Beaver," "Dear Mr. Henshaw" ... remember those? Classics, kind of.

I better head back upstairs. Tonight is our night, with Todd and Rhonda, to cook, and I'm slacking off.

No comments: