Thursday, May 24, 2007

Goodbye beach

Today was our last full day at the beach. We slept in a little and got a lot of sun. Sad that this week is almost over, but we did decide to go somewhere tomorrow for our anniversary and that will be fun. Matt really wants to go somewhere with a Ruth's Chris because we've never eaten at one. There's one in Virginia Beach so we'll probably head that direction.

We did not end up with our own bedroom last night because Anna was ready for bed around 11 p.m., when everyone else was still going strong. We just let her have the bedroom without doing a coin toss because her alternative was sleeping in the game room, which was in use. I think we're going to stick with that arrangement tonight -- it seems like a lot of trouble to move all of our stuff. We'll have plenty of alone time this weekend.

I just got back from another run along the same route. It felt so good, which surprised me since I've been in the sun so much and also have been eating a lot of junk food. Running this week has really reminded me that I am not a fan of running with an iPod. I like music, but I have such a hard time keeping my pace what I want it to be instead of running to the beat of whatever I'm listening to. Also, I like having that undistracted time to zone out and think and pray.

I was late to the iPod era -- I just got mine around last fall. Usually I'm running with someone and we're talking the whole time. But I got the iPod when I started training for the Myrtle Beach Marathon because I was having to do a lot of long runs on the treadmill and that is just torture. This was before I had the idea of watching movies while I ran.

Everyone else is still at the pool so I think I'm going to grab a shower. With any luck it will be hot for the first time this week. Maybe I'll actually have shaved legs for our anniversary!

No comments: