Sunday, April 29, 2007

Next up: French fries

Today Matt and I went to a pizza buffet after church. I don't know whether I've mentioned that we also had a Papa John's-and-movies night about a week ago. That is a classic TK02 date, going back nearly a decade to our days as college freshmen. On our way back to UT we always grabbed a 12-pack of Dr Thunder from the drugstore next to Papa John's. That was when Papa John's didn't charge for extra packets of the special seasoning. But I digress.

On that night last week we decided that no matter what we give up we'll always be allowed an exception. This is a principle that has worked well for us in the past. The very word "exception" holds a special place in my heart.

I have also had pizza at least three times without Matt this month while I've been at the hospital with Mom. He already knows so it's OK to tell him. It's just that the cafeteria offers very few options. (Tonight for dinner I ate cereal and yogurt. Tomorrow for breakfast I will eat cereal and yogurt.) Anyway, it appears we are winding down the April pizza ban a couple of days early.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

At least you and Matt both like the same type of pizza. I much prefer Papa Johns over any other pizza; Stephen is a Pizza Hut man. So we have to compromise when we order pizza. I stifle the Pizza Hut flavor with buttloads of Papa Johns garlic.