Monday, January 3, 2011

Hi, 2011

It's been a few years since I made New Year's resolutions. I love the idea of them, but statistically speaking, pretty much none of them stick, which is discouraging. So this year I didn't make any formal ones, but I am going to try to get back in the groove of blogging. Even if I never write anything of substance, even if everyone gives up and quits reading, I want to blog with some degree of regularity, if only because it's a decent record of my life. Incredibly incomplete, but still the best record I have.

Christmas was nice. It was fantastic to have Matt home so much. We actually got snow, about 6 inches, the day after Christmas, so Claire got to play in it some. Matt had more fun than she did, but we got some cute pictures, and she ate her first batch of snowcream. We went to Atlanta for a few days after Christmas, which was definitely a different experience with two babies. The trip down was not great; Evan slept a lot of the time but Claire didn't. She must have been bored out of her mind staring at the back of the seat for more than six hours. The trip home was much better; both slept most of the way. I guess they were worn out.

Things are back to normal this week, which is nice -- there's something to be said for routines. Claire went back to Mom's Morning Out today. We've had beautiful weather the past few days and Matt and I actually got to run outside Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's too early for spring fever, but it started to hit me anyway. Treadmill running has its merits, but there's nothing like running outside. It was almost enough to make some ill-conceived resolution, like to run every day this year. But I know my limitations.

Claire's up.

1 comment:

Jax said...

I'm glad you'll be writing more this year (although no judgment here if you don't -- I'm one to talk!) -- I'll be reading. :)
(Where did you get your skinny jeans?)