Friday, August 6, 2010

Junk drawer

Matt was up at 3:15 this morning to make it to Raleigh in time for a very early flight to Chicago for Bill's bachelor party weekend. The extreme earliness was necessary for them to arrive in time to go to a baseball game. Plus, it means they're getting two full days in the city (they arrived at 7:30 a.m. local time) instead of today being mainly a travel day.

I am not cut out for single motherhood, or single anything, for that matter, but I have enough friends who are military wives that I'm not about to complain about being on my own with Claire for one weekend. Last time Matt went out of town Claire and I left too, and I considered doing the same this time -- at least a day trip tomorrow -- but decided against it. Claire hasn't slept in the car for about a month, which is usually fine, but if she gets overly tired or bored, watch out. It's the only time I wish she still used a pacifier.

She always calms down if I sing or recite books to her (I would have memorized James in no time flat if it rhymed), and it's one thing to do that for a few minutes at a time, but much longer and I might go crazy. All that to say, we're sticking close to home this weekend.

1 comment:

r8chel said...

Hope your girls' weekend is going well! :)