Monday, June 21, 2010

A whole lot of nothing

I don't know what it is about the months of May and June, but they always seem to be packed. Birthday parties, baby showers, spontaneous cookouts just because ... and I love all the excuses to hang out with friends. But this weekend we had no plans whatsoever and it was just lovely. There was lots of reading, grilling, lazy conversation and silliness on the porch with Claire -- whose contribution to Father's Day was sleeping until 8:30 a.m. and then taking a three-hour afternoon nap. As I said, lovely.

I hate when I go too long without blogging because I just get out of the groove. Nothing seems worth writing about. We're going to cut down half the trees in our back yard and lay a ton of sod. I really need a haircut this week -- if I put it off I'm afraid Jada will have her baby and I'll be stuck with these bad bangs that I tried to trim myself. Sonya and Jax are both officially overdue now and I can't wait to meet those sweet girls. I'm debating rejoining the fitness center, mainly for the childcare. Another CrossFit gym is opening in downtown Southern Pines. Harris Teeter is having triple coupons starting Wednesday, supposedly. Matt and I are close to deciding on a name for K2. Claire really likes blueberries, to the tune of a pint a day. Our 15-hours-old punchbowl shattered in Matt's car thanks to poor placement, forgetfulness and lack of communication (all mine). Anyone have a punchbowl you want to get rid of? I put gum in the corner of my laptop, forgot about it and closed it. Matt found it and cleaned it up for me. I love him. And now we're off to meet him for lunch.

4 comments:

Ken Loyd said...

We have not only the punch bowl you borrowed twice, but also one made of "carnival glass." You're welcome to have either or both, or buy another one!

Anonymous said...

I have a punchbowl that I think I've loaned out more times than I've used. :)

Brooke and Johnathan said...

I love those weekends with nothing to do!

Kaitlin said...

seriously, gum in the corner of your laptop? oh goodness. :P