Sunday, March 28, 2010

Zzzzz

I just realized I forgot to link to Kate's Preservation in Pink blog featuring Claire (modeling half of the adorable flamingo outfit Kate gave her). She outgrew the pants within a couple of months, but she wore the shirt just last week. Weird, but good, since it's short-sleeve weather again.

This weekend has been full of some much-needed rest. I didn't realize how behind I had fallen on sleep. I think it started with Claire abruptly refusing to eat any solids a couple of days last week (I still don't know why -- maybe teething? She doesn't have any teeth yet), which meant she was hungry during the night so I was up and nursing a lot.

Friday afternoon I had a hard run and then didn't eat much for dinner that night and stayed up much too late. Saturday morning I was so tired and hungry that I felt sick and didn't feel like eating, which exacerbated the problem. All day I tried to force down food and every couple of hours I took a nap. Thank goodness it was a weekend and Matt was here to handle Claire.

I went to sleep at 7:30 last night and slept 14 straight hours -- until 9:30 a.m. today! Huge props to Matt the Phenomenal Man for making that possible. I really don't know if I've ever slept that long before. Not in recent history, that's for sure. This morning I was still a little weak but I felt better and better as the day went on. We had a house showing this afternoon that seemed to go well, fingers crossed, and by evening I felt good enough to go triple-couponing with Claire while Matt relished the Duke game.

I never had a fever, so I don't know if I had a little bug or if it's really possible to feel that bad just from general weariness. Either way, at least it was short-lived.

In summary, I was sickly, now I'm whiny. And now I'm off to read in bed with Matt. I love being in the middle of a good book ("On Agate Hill," Lee Smith).

No comments: