Friday, November 6, 2009

Rounds 2.5 and 3

Last night after dinner we ran by Harris Teeter so I could use seven more coupons for my daily total of 20. He stayed in the car with Claire while I got:

Viva Big Roll paper towels, three rolls FREE
Clorox toilet-bowl cleaner, $.79
Skippy peanut butter, two at $1.59 each
Comet cleaner, $.14

Spent $4.53, saved $12.42.

Claire and I went back this morning and everything except the Suave deodorant and lotion and the Hormel pepperoni was restocked. Today we got:

Heinz ketchup (finally!), two FREE
Betty Crocker pouch potatoes, FREE
Windex, $.34
Joy dish soap, two for $.09
Clorox toilet-bowl cleaner, two at $.79 each
Comet cleaner, two at $.14 each
Argo baking powder, $.69
Harris Teeter sugar, 5 pounds, $.99

I just realized the numbers don't add up -- this should have been $4.06 plus tax, but according to my receipt, after tax I paid $5.65 and saved $18.44. Maybe I missed a coupon or got the wrong size of something. Or maybe my math's just bad (I haven't had my coffee yet). Anyway, no complaints here.

3 comments:

Ally said...

Can't beat free! Happy Friday!

Amanda said...

You're awesome! I guess now you know how I felt yesterday when I realized I had forgotten to use my Carnation coupon. At least I got two of the small ones so they were only $0.69 each! It's really disappointing though.

Kudos on all the free Vivas! I only had two of the 0.85 coupons this time. Boo.

Sallie said...

Sounds like you're hooked. I'm still not sold I could do it! Miss you guys!