Thursday, August 21, 2008

Missed milestone

Earlier this spring Matt and I realized we had finally been married almost as long as we had dated (six years, two months and two days, if you're wondering). The day we've been married longer than that seemed like a milestone worth celebrating, so we did the math and figured Aug. 15 to be the magic day.

But then we forgot about it, until today at lunch, when Matt thought of it. We knew it was sometime in August but couldn't remember the exact date. When we got back to the office we checked it out the duration calculator at www.timeanddate.com -- and we've already missed it by almost a week! Sad! I have got to get better about writing down dates in my planner. They just don't stick in my head.

It is crazy for me to think that we've actually been married longer than we dated, because it felt like we dated forever -- at the end of high school, all through college, and then an extra year. (Click here for the detailed timeline.) Of course, six years isn't long at all in the scheme of things.

I wonder what life will be like in another 2,274 days!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Probably much much better! Think of it this way - you will most likely be done reading Anna Karenina!! I love you!

Renee said...

Don't feel bad, I am terrible at remembering things, too. Wait till you have kids, the only thing you will remember then is stuff about them and will probably be thinking like me and say "our anniversary is when?" Not really - wouldn't forget our anniversary, it took me long enough to get Tim to the alter, don't you think!?!?!?

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! It doesn't seem that long to me. Wasn't it just yesterday that two of you were in my Sunday School class?