Monday, June 2, 2008

The rest of the weekend

We packed a lot into this weekend. Saturday I had to show a couple of houses and then we went to Raleigh to see Maegan and Lee and baby Emma. We got there in time to hang out with Emma between her afternoon nap and bedtime (6:30 p.m.). Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures, but take my word for it, she's adorable and fun. Once she was asleep we still had the whole night ahead of us to relax on the porch and solve the world's problems. We love those people!

Sunday after church we had lunch and more great conversation with Mom and Dad and Granny and Granddaddy, then we went home and spent three hours working on the yard (Matt) and scrubbing down the house (me). I have been getting by with spot cleaning for weeks now and it was really starting to show. It smells so delicious and is wonderfully uncluttered ... for now.

We had a congregational meeting at church last night to elect a search committee to find our new senior pastor (ours resigned a few months ago). I had been nominated but I didn't make it, which was disappointing because I really think I would have enjoyed it, but at the same time I was kind of surprised to have been nominated in the first place, so I couldn't be too disappointed. Matt was more upset about the outcome than I was -- it was sweet.

No comments: