I'm shamelessly copying Lib with this one. Sorry, but I'm short on inspiration.
1. Were you named after anyone? My middle name is after a woman who mentored Mom when she was a young nurse and/or Virginia Dare, the first baby born to English parents in an American colony.
2. When was the last time you cried? I honestly can't remember.
3. Do you like your handwriting? It's too messy, but I like it better than most people's.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Turkey.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Not nearly as much as I did when I was 16.
6. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.
7. Would you bungee jump? If there were a lot of money on the line, but I would hate it.
8. What’s your favorite cereal? The Food Lion version of Special K With Red Berries.
9. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Rarely.
10. Do you think you are strong? Yes.
11. What is your favorite ice cream? Chocolate-chip cookie dough.
12. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? How critical I can be.
13. Who do you miss the most? Holly.
14. What color pants & shoes are you wearing? Blue jeans, brown plaid open-toed ballet slippers.
15. What was the last thing you ate? Chili, a half-turkey sandwich, chips with extra ranch dressing, and a Coke with no ice at The Villager.
16. What are you listening to right now? "1, 2 Step" by Ciara (from Amanda's hip-hop mix) and Matt and Stephen telling Carrie she needs to go home if she really was just diagnosed with strep throat.
17. Favorite smells? Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day lemon-verbona scent, Gain laundry detergent, Jergens cherry-almond lotion, a slightly sweaty Matt.
18. Who did you last talk to on the phone? Mom.
19. Favorite sports to watch? Carolina basketball, tennis.
20. Eye color? Blue.
21. Favorite food? Italian, American, dessert.
22. Scary movies or happy endings? Neither especially, but I guess I like happy endings better.
23. Last movie you watched? "Juno."
24. Summer or winter? Summer.
25. Hugs or kisses? Kisses.
26. Favorite dessert? Key lime pie.
27. What book are you reading now? "The Reader," "Thinking Out Loud," "Tolkien and C.S. Lewis: The Gift of Friendship"
28. What is on your mouse pad? Dell. Boring.
29. What did you watch on TV last night? Nothing.
30. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles.
31. What is the farthest you have been from home? Roatan? Vancouver? I'm bad at geography.
32. Do you have a special talent? How do you define special? I can't sing or dance.
33. What time did you get up this morning? 7:30.
34. Where is the most beautiful place you've ever been? Scenic U.S. 1 along the California coast.
35. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal and coffee.
36. What is your middle name? Dare.
37. What food do you dislike? Sushi, turnip greens, black-eyed peas.
38. What is your favorite CD? A custom creation by Amanda.
39. What kind of car do you drive? Acura TL.
40.Favorite sandwich? A six-inch veggie sub from Subway on white bread with double white American cheese, a tiny bit of lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, extra pickles, a little extra mayonnaise and mustard, and extra salt and pepper.
41. What characteristics do you despise? Dishonesty, arrogance, intentional meanness.
42. Favorite item of clothing? A great pair of jeans.
43. If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where would you go? All over Europe.
44. What color is your bathroom? Some shade of khaki.
45. Favorite brand of clothing? 7 for All Mankind jeans, Express work pants, J.Crew everything else.
46. Where would you retire? I'd like a home base somewhere in North Carolina, but I'd want to travel all over the country and the world.
47. What was your most memorable birthday? I don't particularly care about celebrating my birthday, but my 26th was memorable -- it was Amanda and Stephen's wedding day, and they had a surprise cake for me at the reception.
48. Favorite saying? "It is what it is."
49. When is your birthday? Sept. 3.
50. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night.
51. What is your shoe size? 8.5.
52. What did you want to be when you were little? Among many other things, a speechwriter. I wrote a letter to Peggy Noonan and she wrote me back.
53. What is you favorite candy? Tootsie Rolls.
54. What is your favorite flower? Tulips.
55. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Granny Smith Apple.
56. Pet peeves? People chewing with their mouth open. People interrupting other people. People trying to be funny by being mean.
57. Favorite television show? "The Office," "Brothers and Sisters," "The West Wing," "Lost," "Studio 60."
58. Favorite soft drink? Coca-Cola Classic.
59. Favorite fast-food restaurant? Chick-Fil-A.
60. Hair color? Dirty blonde/light brown.
61. What was your favorite toy as a child? Sit 'n' spin. But really I just wanted to be climbing a tree.
62. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate.
63. What is under your bed? Nothing.
64. Who is the friend you've had longest? Grace.
65. What are you afraid of? Very, very, very deep ocean water.
66. How many years at your current job? Three.
67. Favorite day of the week? Saturday.
68. How many towns have you lived in? Eight, if you count summers during college.
69. Do you make friends easily? Yes. But I can be pretty anti-social sometimes.
70. Can you drive a stick shift? I could in an emergency, but it would NOT be a smooth ride.
71. Last movie you watched in the theater? "Juno."
72. Favorite holiday of the year? July 4.
73. What do you do to vent anger? Discuss it with people who already know the backstory and/or cry.
74. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Spring.
75. Is your house mostly clean or dirty? Clean.
76. Cherry or blueberry? Blueberry.
77. What inspires you? Idealistic conversations. Studying the Bible. The prospect of doing things I haven't done yet.
78. Hamburger or cheeseburger? Cheeseburger.
79. Favorite car you've owned? My old Camry.
80. How many U.S. states have you visited? 25. I've never been to most of the Midwest states.
81. Favorite movie(s)? "Closer," "Rent," "Juno," "Man on Fire," "Roger and Me," "Office Space," "Life Is Beautiful," "Little Miss Sunshine," "Primal Fear," "Steel Magnolias," "Shag," "Dead Poets Society" (those are pretty much all the movies I like).
82. Favorite candy bar? Milk Way.
83. Salty or sweet? Usually salty.
84. If you were stuck in a deserted island, which celebrity would you like to be stuck with? I think Kristin Armstrong, if she counts as a celebrity, would be good company.
85. Favorite drink? Pretty much any white wine. I'm not picky.
86. What is on the floor of your closet? A laundry basket for dirty clothes and a basket full of my flats.
87. Do you think you're funny? Not especially, but I love being around funny people.
88. What do you collect? Used books.
89. What do you like to do in your free time? Read, run, hang out with people, be active, be lazy, go shopping, start a project around the house, paint something, clean, blog, sit outside with a drink, watch two or three straight episodes of a good TV show.
90. What's on your shopping list? Aluminum foil, laundry detergent, Band-aids, patio furniture.
91. Where do you sit to eat dinner? At the kitchen table.
92. Favorite room in your house? Our living room. But come summer, it will be the porch.
93. Favorite beauty product? Mascara.
94. Longest you've gone without a shower? A weekend.
95. What do you wish you could buy? Time, a lake house.
96. Do you like roller coasters? Very much.
97. What's the most important thing you keep in your purse? My cash-back credit card.
98. How many songs are on your iPod? Maybe 500?
99. What's the first thing you do when you get home? Kick off my shoes, go through the mail.
100. How long did it take you to answer these questions? Longer than I anticipated!