Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Loyd girls excursion

I have exciting news! Amanda, Mom and I are going to New York this spring! Amanda got the idea when she saw that "Rent" (my favorite musical) will close on Broadway on June 1. She remembered that going on a fun trip with the two of them is on my list, and ta da! We're going.

The first anniversary of Mom's liver transplant is March 3 (that also will be Carrie and Jacob's first anniversary, Amanda and Stephen's 2.5-year anniversary, my half-birthday and Matt's and my 12-year dating anniversary -- that date still sticks in our heads more than our wedding anniversary). And Mom's birthday is April 17. So there are lots of reasons to celebrate with a trip.

Since we don't have a date yet we've done only very preliminary searches for flights and hotels, but it looks like we're going to have some great options for staying in midtown, within walking distance of the show, shopping, Central Park and many of the touristy hot spots. But I'm not letting Mom leave without at least one subway ride. A high school friend of Amanda's is a writer for SNL and IF the strike is over by our trip we're hoping to score some free tickets.

I haven't been to New York in two or three years. Amanda hasn't been since high school. Mom has NEVER been. It's going to blow her away.

My favorite girls! My favorite city! I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're ok with not flying RIGHT into the city you should check out skybus.com. If you book early enough you *might* get lucky enough to get a $10 fare. And they have wonderful flight attendants - haha.

-Karen

Jennifer Kirby said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't know which airline you were with but I keep hearing great things about Skybus.