Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A tip

Since I've taken to sleeping with my head under a sheet the past three nights (to protect against roaches that might try to crawl into my mouth or nose) I have been reminded that oxygen deprivation causes headaches.

For a while during college I was in the habit of sleeping with a pillow over my head and I also was waking up with headaches every day. I'm pretty susceptible to headaches from a variety of causes (dehydration, not enough sleep, too much sugar, not enough caffeine, stress, waiting too long to eat, etc.) so I never connected the dots.

Then one day I was watching the evening news and there happened to be a segment about the fact that a lot of people have headaches due to oxygen deprivation during sleep. I immediately got rid of the pillow over my head and the morning headaches have been gone ever since ... until this week ...

However, would you rather risk a roach on your face or a headache?

No comments: