Monday, September 24, 2007

Fun and games

Are you bored? Do you like trivia?

Here are two items that might make you feel smart, or could make you feel pretty stupid, but are guaranteed to kill some time.

First, a 60-question test on U.S. history, economy, government and international relations. I got 76.66 percent right, which is nothing to brag about, but 14,000 students from 50 colleges and universities took it last year and got an average of only 53 percent correct.

There were definitely some tough questions in there, but also enough gimmes that I can hardly believe those numbers.

Second, a geography game in which you place the U.S. states on a map. Placement is a little tricky at first but it gets easier along the way, obviously.

I did this several months ago when I read about it on another blog. I don't remember my exact score, but it was respectable -- although I've got nothing on this guy.

2 comments:

Libba Lemon said...

Hi, my score was an 81 on the geography game. It stinks that they only count it right if it's in the EXACT position it should be in. I was only a smidge away a few times.

I'm reminiscing about the 50 states placemats we had as kids.

Jennifer Kirby said...

We had those placemats too!