Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It's the little things

I love the fact that after you eat lunch out you can get a refill and take your drink with you. Just as you're thinking, I don't feel like going back to work, the cup reminds you: But wait, I have a fresh carbonated, caffeinated beverage to enjoy. This always helps get my afternoon off to a good start.

In order to make the most out of your post-lunch drink, I advise not using ice. Ice will water down your drink as it melts. It also takes up valuable real estate inside your cup that should be reserved for the Coke.

I appreciate restaurants that offer styrofoam cups for to-go drinks. Unlike the cheaper papery cups, they don't sweat or leak or leave rings on your desk. Also, they provide superior drink coldness. Chick-fil-a, Jersey Mike's, Smithfield's BBQ and Al's Diner are a few eateries that always provide styrofoam cups. Most offer the styrofoam version only if you super-size your meal, which I don't suggest.

1 comment:

Libba Lemon said...

I love the August resolution!!! I should send you some of my new recipes, seeing as how I have stolen ALL of yours! And your mom's, too, for that matter.

I think you should photograph and post Paprika Chicken. It's still my #1.