Friday, July 20, 2007

Evil spider

Matt and I are buying a rental house, and the home inspection was yesterday. At one point the inspector almost stuck his head into the web of the meanest-looking spider I've ever seen.

Surely this spider is poisonous. Even the web looks crazy. Does anyone know what kind it is? The inspector thought it might be a brown recluse. Dad?


Moving on, if you know of anyone who might be interested in renting a three-bedroom, two-bathroom house with a two-car garage in a cute, family-friendly neighborhood, please let me or Matt know. The house has a gas fireplace, a large fenced back yard, a Carolina room, and a nice master suite. All appliances are included. It will have new carpet, fresh paint and improved landscaping by Sept. 1, when it will be available.

We also plan to spray for spiders.

"Before" pictures (taken during the inspection):


I was very happy to find blackberry bushes along the back property line, as well as an unidentified apparently fruit-bearing tree in the middle of the yard. I don't know what kind of tree it is, but I'm going to guess ... fig? Does anyone know?

No comments: