Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rest

I love days like today. For about eight hours now Matt and I have been sprawled on the couch, alternately reading, talking and watching TV. Since leaving his Mimi's surprise 80th-birthday party at lunchtime, we have gotten up and out only to pick up Subway (for me) and Chinese (for him) and strawberries, which I am now eating with whipped cream.

I ordered a new pair of running shoes from eBay. (The sole is separating from the rest of the left shoe in my current pair. They should have been retired long ago.) I have not answered the phone except for Amanda, who I always feel like talking to. I ran three loads of laundry but plan not to fold the clean clothes until tomorrow. I loitered on MySpace. All of this was fueled by a seemingly bottomless supply of sweet tea left over from the party.

It has been raining all day and I am very cozy on the couch. Thank God for rest.

No comments: